Everyday Mindfulness for Stress & Anxiety
A mindfulness meditation group where you will learn proven techniques to cultivate calm and improve your well-being.
5463 College Ave. Oakland, CA 94618
FREE Introduction to Mindfulness on January 9, 2020 at 5-6pm.
Next 6 week series begins January 16, 2019.
Do you often feel overwhelmed and stressed?
Does your mind keep spinning and you don't know how to slow it down?
Do you have a loud inner critic?
Do you feel powerless over the pressure you feel?
Would you like to learn how to put the brakes on anxiety?
Mindfulness is a practice of being fully in the present moment with a non-judgmental acceptance of your experience. It’s what allows you to slow down and cultivate compassionate awareness so you can finally let go of unwanted thoughts and feelings.
"Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom." - Viktor E. Frankl.
There are many techniques to learn mindfulness that are simple, effective, and easy to use in daily life. In this group, Dr. Ellis Edmunds and Elana Morgulis, MFT lead the group through 12 mindfulness exercises that have been shown to calm anxiety and improve well-being. You will walk away with more than just the tools. You will gain direct experience of mindfulness, as well as a sense of connection, support, and understanding. Some of the proven benefits of a mindfulness practice include:
Reduced stress & anxiety
Letting go of obsessive thoughts
Being more compassionate with yourself
Decreased job burn-out
What To Expect:
Week 1: Getting into the Present Moment
– Do you often find yourself caught in the past or the future? Learn how to be present.
Week 2: Becoming the Observer
– Do you feel overwhelmed by thoughts and emotions? Learn how to step back and feel more calm and in control.
Week 3: Finding Space from Thoughts
– Practice letting go and loosening the grip that stress and anxiety can have on your body and mind.
Week 4: Acceptance
– Do you find yourself struggling with anxiety and stress, battling for it to go away, and wishing it were different? Experience dropping the struggle in order gain a sense of peace and calm.
Week 5: Cultivating Self-Compassion
– Do people tell you you’re being too hard on yourself for what you’re going through? Learn practices that help you stop beating yourself up and start loving yourself.
Week 6: Mindful Relating
– Does anxiety and stress impact your relationships? Do you find it nerve-wracking to communicate? Learn to bring mindfulness into relationships with techniques that support you in learning what your needs are and speaking your truth.
Each week the group will consist of:
Mindfulness exercise #1 and discussion
Mindfulness exercise #2 and discussion
What You’ll Get:
12 mindfulness meditation techniques
6 weeks of 90 minute group sessions
Weekly emails with access to free audio of the guided practices
Weekly group support and community
Lifetime access to a library of free audio of the guided meditations
Space is limited! CONTACT ME to schedule a free 20 minute consultation.
This group meets for 6 weeks at a time at $50/per session. Generous sliding scale available.